Volunteer at MAINfm
MAINfm is a community radio station staffed almost entirely by volunteers – in fact around 90 presenters, committee members and station volunteers collaborate to keep MAINfm the voice of our local community.
Volunteering at MAINfm doesn’t just help us out – there are heaps of opportunities for experience, not only in media production and presentation, but in many behind-the-scenes areas such as:
- Music Library management
- Technical assistance
- Audio production
- Office administration and reception
- Website maintenance
- Promotion and fundraising
- Outside Broadcast crew
- IT support and maintenance
- Committee roles
If you are interested in volunteering at MAINfm, complete the form below and our Volunteer Coordinator will get in touch with you to discuss how you can get into community radio.
- You will need to successfully complete the MAINfm Presenter Training Course to qualify for consideration as a presenter.
- You will be required to sign a Code of Practice to abide with the various clauses of our Code of Ethics and the policies of CDR Inc.
- Membership of the organisation which is $50 a year. Becoming a member gives you a vote at any elections held by CDR Inc.
- You may be required to apply for a ‘Working with Children’ authorisation. We do have forms available. Photo ID costs will be the responsibility of the individual.