Get Your Groove Back
GET YOUR GROOVE BACK (aka The Lifters & Leaners Show)
Dare I use the “e” (ecl#$%tic) word to describe the wide-ranging styles of music that you will hear on Get Your Groove Back? You’ll hear Muddy Waters back to back with Ali Farka Toure, Sister Rosetta Tharpe with Johnny Winter, Dya Singh with Rory McLeod. Programs include featured albums, tracks to a theme, particular styles (from blues to world), guests (some of whom actually turn up, some of whom are interesting), film soundtracks and other stuff made up on the spur of the moment. Regular features include music I borrow from the library, instrumentals and music around a moment in history. If your life has a soundtrack, the chances are you’ll hear it on Get Your Groove Back.
PLAYLIST FOR 11/10/21 (PROGRAM 435)
* Tweets/memes of the week: “Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular” [anon]
* “I have a joke about about time travel, butI’m not gonna share it. You guys didn’t like it” [Best Life]
* “I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did. Not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car” [Best Life]
* “Is it ignorance or apathy that’s destroying the world today? I don’t know & I don’t really care” [Best Life]
*” One inequity that capitalism & patriarchy have in common is that they allow for sleeping partners” [Kath Waugh]
* “I’m a Gen Xer so I adapt to new technology like a Millenial but get angry about it like a Boomer” [Mark@ TheCatWhisprer]
1. If The Flowers Were Trees (Cottrell) by Eldafyre (Islands In Mind. 2017) [5:30] from Shepparton, now northern rivers region, N.S.W.
2. Vienna (Martini) by Martin Martini (Vienna 1913, 2013) [4:42]
3. New Friends (?) by The Tommyhawks (Critical EP, 2018) [5:03] from WA
4. Don’t Rock The Boat (Rechter/ McCoy) by Tolpuddle Martyrs (Under a Cloud, 2020) [3:12]
5. Outlaw (Pappalardo) by Roz Pappalardo (Won’t Be Quiet, 2021) [4:29]
6. Gone Too Long (Arnold) by Charlie Musselwhite (Juke Joint Chapel, 2012) [4:20]
7. Too Late (?) by BB Factory (Live @ The Wallaby Hotel, 2020/21) [3:41] from Gold Coast
8. Folk Political Drama Song (Borliya) by Sarita Borliya (Taste of India, 2011) [3:24]
*9. Allah Elohim [God] (Tzur) by Shye Ben Tzur, Jonny Greenwood & The Rajasthan Express (Junjun, 2015) [4:21]
10. Kalyo (trad/ arr Khan) by Musafir (Gypsies of Rajasthan, 1997) [3:14] Sayeri Sapera vocals
11. Baba Ramdev (trad/ arr Khan) by Musafir (Gypsies of Rajasthan, 1997) [6:16] Sayeri Sapera vocals.
12. Diegne Kalayara (Sissoko/ Sissoko) by Ballake & Baba Sissoko (Sissoko & Sissoko, 2019) [6:02]
13. Abbas Aga Parki (Ertel/ Akram) by Baba Zula (Kokler [Roots], 2007) [4:07]
14. Yandan Hanimkoy (Ertel/ Akram) by Baba Zula (Kokler [Roots], 2007) [1:57]
15. Rhythymus Mandir (Khan) by Musafir (Gypsies of Rajasthan, 1997) [3:44] great percussion
15. She Just Wants To Dance (?) by BB Factory (Live @ The Wallaby Hotel, 2020/21) [4:39]
16. Lady With The Braid (Previn) by Julie Felix rec live [orig on Lightning, 1974 [3:54]
17. Johnny Byrnes (Pappalardo) by Roz Pappalardo (Won’t Be Quiet, 2021) [4:13]
18. As The Crow Flies (White) by Charlie Musselwhite (Juke Joint Chapel, 2012) [7:00]
19. Your Sister (Schuman/ Della Penna) by Hazmat Modine with Alash (Extra-Deluxe-Supreme, 2015) [5:35] Alash Ensemble is a throat singing trio from Kyzyk, Tuva, formed 1991.
20. Undecided (Rechter/ McCoy) by Tolpuddle Martyrs (Under a Cloud, 2020) [2:36]
21. Undecided (Bower/ Morrison) by Masters Apprentices (The Very Best, 1988) [2:28] their 1st single, peaking @ no 13, from 1966
* Denotes CD borrowed from the Bendigo Library (Goldfields Library Corp)Genre(s): Alt-country, Blues, Country, Folk, Funk, Interview, Reggae, RnB, Rock, Roots, Spoken Word, Talk, World