MAINfm is a community radio station staffed almost entirely by volunteers – in fact around 90 presenters, committee members and station volunteers collaborate to keep MAINfm the voice of our local community.
Volunteering at MAINfm doesn’t just help us out – there are heaps of opportunities for experience, not only in media production and presentation, but in many behind-the-scenes areas such as:
- Music Library management
- Technical assistance
- Audio production
- Office administration and reception
- Website maintenance
- Promotion and fundraising
- Outside Broadcast crew
- IT support and maintenance
- Committee roles
If you are interested in volunteering at MAINfm, complete the form below and we’ll get in touch with you to discuss how you can get into community radio.
- You will need to successfully complete the MAINfm Presenter Training Course to qualify for consideration as a presenter.
- You will be required to sign a Code of Practice to abide with the various clauses of our Code of Ethics and the policies of CDR Inc.
- Membership of the organisation which is $50 a year. Becoming a member gives you a vote at any elections held by CDR Inc.
- You may be required to apply for a ‘Working with Children’ authorisation. We do have forms available. Photo ID costs will be the responsibility of the individual.